12.07.2011

Untitled



There are these great trees out my window,

They live exuberantly. They live

Balanced on the surface of the seasons

Throwing their long-grown colors at me.

Their hands are stiff in the naked air,

Their shadows ignore the light altogether,

They whisper in the language of tides,

They do not know the words for regret,

That we know, have always known, so well.



I wish I knew

How to feel

The way they must feel

The passage of time.


It must be

That their days are our years,

That our hours are their moments.


The running lights of night and day

Are exhalations

That we unknowingly

Release from within,

Without,

In,

Out,

Light,

Night.


They live exuberantly,

Because they live careless

Of those hours, those running lights,

The many colors thrown at my feet.


And my hands are stiff in the cold air,

I do not always see the light,

And my moments last hours,

Falling like leaves

From the sky of my opened heart.


best,

paulmonster-wintering

No comments: