- The Fever by Wallace Shawn.
- War and The Iliad by Simone Weil and Rachel Bespaloff
- The Origins of the Fifth Amendment by Leonard W. Levy
- Sexual Personae by Camille Paglia
- The Collected Poems of Robert Lowell by Robert Lowell
I remember a moment back in high school, when I was a sophomore and it was one of those afternoons when it had just rained something torrential, but then the sun came out and all of Portland was a freshly discovered and shining city from some French Impressionist painting, all shimmering and blooming, and this incredibly voluptuously beautiful girl I had a crush on was standing on my toes, because she didin't want to get her feet wet on the shining pavement.
I feel kind of like that right now. But in a platonic way.